Sunday, November 23, 2014

Return to Walking Dead - Season 5

After a strong start to the season, this show returns to disappointing after multiple sluggish episodes culminating in an inane ending to tonight's "Crossed." It really annoys me when Walking Dead forces their characters to do things that completely undermine them- for example, Sasha's ineptitude tonight. I won't even elaborate because it's so uninspiring in its stupidity.

I wish the writers would make more intelligent choices instead of thoughtless ones that don't even drive the pace of the plot forward and therefore are usually worthless. 

Now, I turn my attention to a cake pop

Mmmmm. That's better. 

2 comments:

  1. Yes, a cake pop will make everything better...! :) I don't watch the Walking Dead, so I can't speak to that, but I will say I see that happen a lot, where characters and shows don't make sense. It reminds me of a book I'm reading right now; although it's about comedy writing, the author makes a similar point and shows scripts that have scenes that are more about the writers and what they want than what a character would believably do. Reminds me of the kind of commentary you make! Why do shows and movies make that mistake so often?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting! Yes, I find this frustrating but you make an excellent point about the factors that influence creative direction. I still recall my disappointment and confusion when Chrissy Snow was replaced as a roommate on Three's Company! Why would they do this??? I wondered at such a tender age... it was only year's later that I learned of the behind the scenes salary dispute and professional strife. I'm not even joking about the childhood angst this caused me! I have attachment issues!

      Delete