Thursday, April 10, 2014

Borgata Spring Poker Open Event 1

I've never blogged about a poker tournament before and I'm surprised to be doing so now. I'm more surprised that I even made it to AC to play tonight. This will be an experiment in more ways than one.


The time is 7:21 pm and the 7 pm tourney has not yet started. 
7:23 pm - "Shuffle Up & Deal" announcement. Wish me luck!

9:08 pm - First break almost over, struggling to stay alive. I think I'm getting outplayed in here by maniacs. This is why I hate rebuy tournaments. I'll need luck to persevere. Down to 19K from 25K starting stack- blinds are still low though.

10:45 pm - Second break came at perfect time; I had to pee so badly. I'm hanging in at 21K but I need to pick up steam. Blinds will be 300/600 with 100 antes after break. Please- luck kick in now!!! Have to remind myself that it's a marathon and not a sprint except I hate marathons and running and would finish last in even a sprint, so that's not so encouraging.

1:21 am - Guess how well the tournament has been going based on this picture:

Yes, back in my hotel room after crapping out. Most disappointingly, I didn't play well. In fact, I effing sucked.

Time to sleep it off. Good night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment