Saturday, December 20, 2014

Goodbye Lenovo



The laptop I received just a week ago is defective (flickering screen). I attempted to reach Lenovo customer support by phone. The phone menu was confusing and complicated, which resulted in holding to speak to a representative, and then holding some more after being informed that I needed to be rerouted to another department. 


Hold time for Sales (for new orders) - short/under a minute;

Hold time for Customer Care (for service on existing orders) - 1 hour and 33 minutes and running! [I kept my phone going out of curiosity post-blog publication and reached 2 hours and 15 minutes before needing to make another phone call!] 

For this reason, although there's also this reason, I am returning my Lenovo ThinkPad T440p. Too bad - I actually liked the machine enough that I was initially inclined to exchange it. However, I'm now seriously disturbed by such awful customer service. I'm going to take advantage of their supposed free holiday return policy. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a difference in wait times! Sure -- you want to give us money? We'll be right with you! Oh, you actually want us to solve a problem for which we will make no more money off of you? Go to Helen Waite... (ha, have always loved that one). But seriously, how frustrating!

    ReplyDelete